I'm around IT Infrastructure Services, IT Security, supporting Dev's and working in Infra-Ops at Plan International Deutschland e.V. in Hamburg, Germany.
I have experience with, in no particular order:
- Public Key Crypto: PGP / GPG, SSL / TLS / X509, Online PKI (Active Directory Certificate Services), Offline PKI (OpenSSL, X - Certificate and Key management)
- E-Mail Hosting: Postfix + Dovecot, Microsoft Exchange
- E-Mail Security: SPF, DKIM, DMARC, Rspamd
- SDS: Ceph RBD and FS, OpenZFS
- SDN: Some basic stuff with Open vSwitch
- Other Storage: Basic Raid Controler mangement, HPE MSA, HPE 3PAR
- DNS: Bind9 as authoritative server and recursive resolver, Unbound DNS Resolver, DNSSEC, DoT
- NTP: Chrony, NTPd and systemd-timesyncd server to provide time for the local site
- VCS: GIT, TFVC and SVN
- Container: Docker, Docker-Compose, Kubernetes / k8s (lab practice), creating "FROM scratch" container images
- Atlassian: Jira and Confluence On-Prem hosting and administrator
- PowerShell: Appart from some basic automating tasks; I've created a small script collection to basically replace KiXtart. Note to self: put it in a public GIT repo 😅
- VMware: vSphere ESXi since version 3.5, vCenter Server since version 5u3, Horizon View from circa 2014 until 2022
- QEMU / KVM: Mainly via Proxmox since about version 4.3. I'm also using plain QEMU / KVM on my personal workstation
- Web-Servers: Nginx, Apache 2 (got replaced by Nginx), Microsoft IIS
- .NET and C#: ASP.NET MVC, EF6, EF Core, .NET Core, .NET Standard
- Network: The basics (a bit of the physical stuff, standard stuff like VLAN's, IP4 and IP6 local network routing) and other basic network services like DHCP and others mentioned separately. Basic Wireshark skills present 🧐
- Network Security: Basic stateful firewalls like, PFsense, OpnSense, Watchguard XTM, VyOS, Netfilter, Iptables, NFqueue, Windows Firewall
- Other Microsoft: Basic AD Ops, AD Cross-Domain and Forest trust enviroments (lab practice), HyperV, MSSQL (basic Ops, not DBA level), MS CA Services, Azure DevOps Server (On-Prem) since 2018
- Monitoring: Prometheus and Alertmanager, Grafana, Elasic Search / Elastic / Logstash and Kibana, creating custom Prometheus Exporters
- Backup: Proxmox Backup Server, rsnapshot, ZnapZend, Ceph RBD export/import-diff (own tool), Veeam Backup & Replication
- To Be Continued...
Noteworthy things I want to get into or get better at, in no particular order:
- Programming- and Scripting-Languages: Rust
- E-Mail Hosting: Maillisting and Bulk-Sending
- E-Mail Security: SRS, MTA-STS, DANE, ARC, TLS-RPT
- Container: Kubernetes / k8s
- Networks: IP6 in general, IP6-only networking, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP
- Security in general: SIEM
- Monitoring: Automated (reactive and proactive) actions
- Microsoft: AD Cross-Domain and Forest trust
- To Be Continued...
Here are some of my projects
My Dotfiles repository.
A smol Nginx container image.
Blogger is a simple blogging web application.
Bind Zone File syntax highlighting for Visual Studio Code.
Syntax highlighting of the Opsi-Winst scripting language developed by Uib GmbH for Visual Studio Code.
Build firefox from source using Docker, with some source code patches.
Get http headers from multiple sites, save them, revisit sites and save changes.