I'm around IT Infrastructure Services, IT Security, supporting Dev's and working in Infra-Ops at Plan International Deutschland e.V. in Hamburg, Germany.
I have experience with, in no particular order:
- Public Key Crypto: PGP / GPG, SSL / TLS / X509, Online PKI (Active Directory Certificate Services), Offline PKI (OpenSSL, X Certificate and Key Management)
- E-Mail Hosting: Postfix, Exchange (I don't want to work with it)
- E-Mail Security: SPF, DKIM, DMARC, Rspamd
- SDS: Ceph RBD and FS, OpenZFS
- SDN: Some basic stuff with Open vSwitch
- Other Storage: Basic Raid Controler mangement, HPE MSA, HPE 3PAR
- DNS: Bind9 as authoritative server and recursive resolver, Unbound DNS Resolver, DNSSEC, DoT
- NTP: Chrony, NTPd and systemd-timesyncd server to provide time for the local site
- VCS: GIT, TFVC and SVN
- Container: Docker, Docker-Compose, Kubernetes / k8s (just played around with it a little bit here and there), creating "FROM scratch" images
- Atlassian: Jira and Confluence On-Prem hosting and administrator
- PowerShell: Appart from some basic automating tasks; I've created a small script collection to basically replace KiXtart. Note to self: put it in a public GIT repo 😅
- VMware: vSphere ESXi since version 3.5, vCenter Server since version 5u3, Horizon View since circa 2014
- QEMU / KVM: Mainly via Proxmox since about version 4.3. I'm also using plain QEMU / KVM on my personal workstation
- Web-Servers: Nginx, Apache 2 (got replaced by Nginx), IIS (I don't want to work with it)
- .NET and C#: ASP.NET MVC, EF6, EF Core, .NET Core, .NET Standard
- Networks: The basics (a bit of the physical stuff, standard stuff like VLAN's, IP4 and IP6 local network routing) and other basic network services like DHCP and others mentioned separately. Basic Wireshark skills present 🧐
- Network Security: Basic stateful firewalls like, PFsense, OpnSense, Watchguard XTM (I don't want to work with it), VyOS, Netfilter, Iptables, NFqueue, Windows Firewall
- Microsoft: Basic AD Ops, AD Cross-Domain and Forest trust enviroments (but only with little to no practice), HyperV (I don't want to work with it), MS SQL (basic Ops, not DBA level), MS CA Services, Azure DevOps Server (On-Prem) since 2018
- Monitoring: Prometheus and Alertmanager, Grafana, Elasic Search, Elastic Logstash, Kibana, Loki, creating custom Prometheus Exporters
- To Be Continued...
Noteworthy things I want to get into or get better at, in no particular order:
- Programming- and Scripting-Languages: Rust, Python 3, C#
- E-Mail Hosting: Maillisting and Bulk-Sending
- E-Mail Security: SRS, MTA-STS, DANE, ARC, TLS-RPT
- Container: Kubernetes / k8s
- Networks: IP6 in general, IP6-only networking, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP
- Security in general: SIEM
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Elastic Logstash, Automated (reactive and proactive) actions
- Microsoft: AD Cross-Domain and Forest trust
- To Be Continued...
Here are some of the projects I've created:
A very smol (~ 4MB) Nginx container image.
Build firefox from source using Docker, with some src patches.
Blogger is a simple blogging web application.
Get http headers from multiple sites, save them, revisit sites and save changes.
Bind Zone File syntax highlighting for Visual Studio Code.
Syntax highlighting of the Opsi-Winst scripting language developed by Uib GmbH for Visual Studio Code.